Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Welcome To Tomorrow

I sit and watch the men working on the plane. I and many other sleepy people, sick of chocolate bars, the book we've been reading for too long, and the fact that our asses have fallen asleep, wander around the terminal looking "done.".

I notice that many "old" men are doing better than I am! They almost seem energized by the fact that things are just not going as planned. I think that plans should go "as planned" and my plan was to be well into a deep sleep by now. Now some people are not letting a simple thing like being stuck in an airport interupt their sleeping patterns. In fact as I look around I see many "attractive" people in various stages of sleep. The most beautiful people have their mouths open, so we all can enjoy the view!

Soothing music is being played to keep us calm, which seems to be working so far. From time to time however a loud ding goes off, followed by "an update" that they are still working on the airplane. This service is being discussed in whispers however as we all can obviously see that they are still working on the airplane... through the big friggen plate glass window!

I now hold in my hand a 6 dollar food voucher, which would be great if any place where you could buy food was still open. I also received a 25 dollar coupon good for any Horizon flight I may wish to suffer through in the future.

Oh, I almost forgot the children! They, not bound by the laws of civility are screaming their distaste at being kept up so late.

Well I will keep you posted as usual.

No comments: