Saturday, April 05, 2008

The Plug!

After taking about 36 hours to fill the pool I woke up this morning and shut off all the water. Sometime around noon today I glanced out the window and noticed that the water level had dropped by over a foot! Thinking something bad might be happening, I called the pool guys and they soon showed up with a fix for the problem. The plug for the drain. Due to a mix-up in communication, the main drain plug had been taken out during the plastering process. So with 28,000 gallons of downward pressure, the pool was indeed emptying pretty quickly.

I hold the missing link, while a diving 'pool man' gets the cover off of the open drain hole.

He is using a dry suit and this little compressor is pumping air down to him.

Trust me, the water is pretty damn cold!

This "lucky" man is the first person to "swim" in the pool!

I have the hoses running again. I have my fingers crossed that the pool will hold water this time.

No comments: