Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Grave Yard Shifts Again.

Here I sit in front of my computer while I should be sleeping. The last time I slept was over 27 hours ago when I woke up yesterday. I tried to take a nap yesterday, I might have gotten an hour out of that one, but it does not seem to be helping now. Here is my problem. I have been dealing with the final three things that are needed to finish the 'pick up list' on the new house.

1) The molding around the kitchen where the wood floor meets the cabinets was not wide enough and you could see where the wood floor ended, a gap down to the subfloor, and then the beginning of the molding attached to the base of the cabinets. My requirement to remove this issue from the list necessitated the replacement of ALL of the molding in the kitchen.

2) Laminate flooring in the master bath does not evenly meet the cabinets and again the subfloor is visible. A piece of molding needs to be install there also to remove this item from the list.

3) Sliding closet door guide in both downstairs bedrooms is not attached to the floor. Carpet was laid without an attachment point for this hardware glued to the concrete floor. Removal from my list requires the carpet be pulled up in both closets, the wood pieces glued down, carpet re-laid and then the door guides securely installed.

What does this have to do with you not sleeping you ask? Well I have been working on getting this stuff done for over 2 months now, and after numerous false starts it turns out that today is my lucky day!
"That's ridiculous Rick, you tell them to come back another day when you are rested and it is convenient for you!"
HA! It has taken at least 8 hours of phone calls, emails, and other crap to get this to happen at all, and I am checking this Be-hauch off of my list! So far the man has removed all of the 'too small' molding and is now installing the larger molding. He has used large words like "Expansion Joint" to empress upon me that the problem has to do with expansion and contraction of the wood flooring. I swear I will kill him with his own nail gun if he says it again! The truth is the installer saw the gaps the second he nailed the molding down but continued anyway, cuz he's as dumb as a bag of hammers. Sleep deprivation makes me mean!

No comments: