Saturday, April 09, 2005

Working On The House...

No shortage of things to do around the new house. We spent Friday evening trimming the broken branches out of the trees in the front yard. Most of these branches seem to have suffered their failure last winter during the big ice storm, but were never removed from the trees. Some larger limbs required the use of the ATV winch to pull them out!

Put 14 boxes of books back on the book shelves! This was a monster job and only succeeded in showing us that we need yet another book shelf to hold all the books. At one point Deb mentioned taking the books to a used book store and selling them! I quickly talked some sense into her, but it was close!

I have hung most of the pictures and art on the walls around the house. What used to be the "large" pieces are now the "medium" sized ones at best. As always, I enjoy making holes in the walls.

The highlight of each week is using the ATV and the new ATV trailer to haul the trash can and recycle bins out to the main road. The fun does not stop there though, as I still get to bring them back the next day, and get the paper on Sunday!

The computer room is up and running but no where near finished. There are many boxes of stuff that still need find a home, but I seem to become distracted when ever I sit down in front of the computer. Strange, I just remembered I was going to work on those very boxes before I started typing this... hmmmmm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IF YOU HAD A KID THEY COULD TAKE CARE OF ALL THOSE LITTLE THINGS, GOTGUT