Saturday, December 10, 2005

The Other Frozen Pipe.

Turned on the faucet by the garage this afternoon and not a drop of water came out. I half expected this due to the well head freeze earlier in the morning. I was not surprised. Out came the handy brazing torch, and a few moments later the water was flowing again! I headed to the newly discovered shut off valve above the water heater and PRESTO the water slowed and dripped to a stop! I just left the faucet wide open and I can now sleep with no fear of a burst pipe in my garage wall.

After completing the garage mission I headed out to the well head and stuffed it full of insulation. I figure that this fix will work most of the time, but I may have to wire up some heat tape if it stays cold like this for an extended period of time. I could find out as soon as tomorrow morning. I will keep you posted.

No comments: