Saturday, April 01, 2006

It's Been A WIld Week!

Well as most of you know, it happened this week. After two interviews and much wondering, I was offered a promotion at my place of employment Wednesday afternoon! This was of course an exciting, terrifying, and melancholy day! Much thought, conversations between Deb and I, soul searching, and emotional energy went into my pursuit of this life changing opportunity. Now that it has actually happened we are trying to work through it mentally one small chunk at a time. It is a little hard to get your mind around it when some of the chunks include:

- Selling the house and moving to Idaho!

- Finding a new home in a strange (to us anyway) land!

- Deb quitting her job here, and then hunting for a new one there!

- Leaving all of our friends and family behind!

- And me trying to figure out what the hell I am actually supposed to be doing!

... Every day will be unscripted for quite awhile as the comfort zone must be reinvented 440 miles away!

Deb and I thank everyone for their wishes and good thoughts.

As usual, tune in here for the latest in this next chapter of our lives.

No comments: