Thursday, November 11, 2004

Oh, You'll Love California!

Well here I am once again captive in my Hotel Room in the Heart of Vacaville California. Just finished my delightful In-N-Out Burger while surfing the 13 channels of quality TV. Bed meets the softness requirements, toilet has the necessary pressure to handle the 'out of town' gift I plan on leaving it once (or twice) a day, and, I smell NO smoke! This establishment does have an indoor pool as well as wireless internet and a breakfast area, so it ranks well on my all time list of fine hotels in the under 100 dollar range. I find that I am starting to change with all of the travel I do. I still get a thrill every time I come back to my room and the bed is made, but I have lost the desire to bring home small bottles of shampoo or bars of soap. I think if I had to design a hotel there would be some improvements that I could offer. One would be more plugs, lots more plugs, and put them at waist level. The fatter I get the harder it is for me to get down on my hands and knees, crawl under a table and plug in my laptop! Also,
If you are going to run Wi-Fi in your hotel, at least make the signal strong enough to reach the friggen desk in my room!
Oh, and why does every light in the place have different kind of switch to turn it on and off? So, at night when I need to get up and address the above mentioned gift it takes me an extra 15 seconds of fumbling to get the light on? And... what is a man or woman to do if he or she wants to eat his or her take out food in front of the TV? How about the super high tech idea of a TV Tray? No, it is much better for me to try and balance all of this stuff in my lap while I sit at the edge of my bed squinting at my 15 INCH SCREEN WATCHING 13 FRIGGEN CHANNELS while catsup drips down the front of my SHIRT!!!

Now, I am sure that all of you sitting in your own homes right now, reading this entry of my blog, are starting to wonder about my mental health. I'm fine, don't worry about me... much.

No comments: