Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Just Finished Putting Up A 'French Cleat' Storage System

Of course the day I decided to start this project I only had the Jeep!  I asked the associate to cut the 4'x8' sheet of plywood into 2'x4' pieces so I could haul it home on the roof.
3/4 inch plywood with a pine veneer on one side.  In hindsight I should have spent a bit more to get veneer on both sides!  Much easier to cut the angles that way.
I made LOTS of sawdust!
I used 3 of the 4 sections of the 4'x8' sheet.  This is enough to make a 3 tier 25 foot long run.
It is hard to run long cuts through a table saw by yourself!  Not even close to perfect cuts but good enough to make it work.
How to you make a 20 foot long level line?  Not with a snap line.  It sags too much in the middle.  With lots of double checks I finally got it right.  Note: power plugs are not even close to being consistent.
This went pretty smoothly except when I tried to drive my screw into a sheet rock screw!
All done!  This will allow me to hang all kinds of things on the wall and move them around when ever I need to.
This is a side view of each rail.  That is a 45 degree angle sloping down toward the wall.
The items hanging on the wall will have just the opposite.
Once they meet, it is a VERY secure connection!
Here's a video that shows how much you can do with this system!

No comments: