Saturday, November 29, 2014

There Is Always Something!

While working on the curtains in the Theater Room I headed over to the stack because I heard a strange sound. "Tick, tick, tick, tick..." At first I thought it was one of the pieces of equipment. As I moved my ear from component to component I was hit in the face with a cold wind coming from BEHIND the stack!

Needless to say, that's not supposed to happen.

It soon became apparent that the access door from inside the attic had not been closed. That meant that the closet containing all of the electronics was open to the attic (and the outside) via a hole large enough that man could fit through.


This is the door that was unfortunately not closed all the way.  Once I got here I heard the ticking sound!  Since the door was not closed properly it was rattling every time the wind blew.  The insulation was left hanging open and half the pieces lay strewn around the door.



Since I was there I crawled inside the access space and took a few photos.  Having solved two problems I put everything back the way it WAS originally and remind myself to ALWAYS do a double check after having work done.

No comments: