Wednesday, January 02, 2013

This Is My 5000th Post

It all began on Sunday, October 17, 2004 at 9:02pm:

The Beginning
Well, here I sit in a dinky hotel room on a Sunday night in Temecula, CA! As I shift around in my cheap chair trying to keep my butt from falling asleep I begin my first Blog. I was listening to some music on the iPod, but find that I can not think of what to type and listen to Barry Manilow at the same time. I am not sure what one should convey with a blog? Should I tell you that I had tacos for dinner, that I have white socks and brown shoes on? Or maybe I should be more functional and advise you of the current weather conditions. I will settle on telling you of my desire to be home, as I have a bad case of the 'been there done that' right now and I could really use a teleportation machine. There, I did it, I clicked my (brown shoed) heels together three times and did the Judy Garland thing but nothing happened! Alas, I guess I best accept my fate and lay out the work clothes for tomorrows assault.
Nine years and 2 Months later you are reading post number 5000.  Waste of time?  The ultimate diary? A giant internet sign that says "Look at me?"  I'll let you decide.

For you that visit and comment on the goings on, I say thank you.

Signed,

The Management.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

bob said...

no its not a waste of time, its been fun , rotgut