Wednesday, February 08, 2012

10 Truly Terrifying Horror Movie Jump Scares

If you’re anything like me you probably would take a good psychological scarring over some dick in a mask jumping out at you any day of the week – at least when it comes to horror films. Nowadays it seems like the best is behind us when it comes to the genre, and what’s left is less a collection of disturbing concepts and more so the movie equivalent of a carnival spook house. That being said – I do like carnival spook houses – a fleeting scare is good when it’s done right. Sure, in the end these scares don’t hold a candle to say, the end of Rosemary’s Baby, but we can’t deny them either. So that’s what this list is: me sucking it up and admitting that the dick in the mask totally got me.

I should tell you that I don’t wish to demerit these films for having jump scares in them; most of them have plenty of psychological scarring as well... take number ten, for example.

1 comment:

RumRnnr said...

That was great. Always enjoy getting the crap scared out of me....