Sunday, January 16, 2011

Seven Hours of THIS plane

You know that feeling you get when you're lounging on the couch on a Sunday afternoon? You're laying there and you think to yourself, "I could do this for hours!" Well I'm here to tell you... You can't.

I've been sitting in the same seat for quite some time now and I've officially gotten it out of my system. The problem, despite my feeling of completion, is that I'm stuck. I watched a movie. Read the Kindle. Ate some food. Walked around the plane. But my seat still cradles my now angry posterior. Angry in a muscular way in case you're wondering.

For those keeping score, Rocket man is here with me. He's been hitting the movies hard and seems to have suffered no ill affects from his nut binge. He did order the Japanese style meal however and this may indicate that he received "special training" at some point.

1383 miles left on this leg. The map shows a long and deep oceanic trench right underneath us so I hope the plane is feeling healthy. In an hour and a half they'll fire up all of the lights and serve a light breakfast. We'll land in Narita, Japan an hour and a half after that. So, I left Seattle at 1:00 pm
Saturday
and arrive in Japan at 4:00pm Sunday! It is a strange thing.

Once we deplane I'll upload my posts, trying to keep them in the right order. You'll probably read them Sunday morning and I'll STILL be traveling. After Tokyo there will be no more posts for awhile.

I figure I've got one more in me.

No comments: