Sunday, November 29, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
"Cool!" Does not even begin to do this footage justice!
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Kindle (Global Wireless) and Kindle (U.S. Wireless)
- Longer battery life for Kindle (Global Wireless): You can now read for up to 1 week on a single charge with wireless on. Turn wireless off and read for up to 2 weeks.
- Built-in PDF reader: Your Kindle can now display PDF documents without losing the formatting of the original file. Send PDF documents directly to your Kindle (via your @Kindle address) or drag and drop PDF files from your computer to your Kindle (when connected via USB). Learn more.
- Manual screen rotation: The Kindle screen can now manually rotate between portrait and landscape views so you can see the entire width of a web page or magnify the page of a PDF file. The page-turn buttons work the same in either orientation, and the 5-way controller movements are switched to match the orientation. Learn more.
- Option to convert PDF files to Kindle format. If you prefer to have your personal PDF documents converted to the Kindle format (so that they can reflow), type "Convert" in the subject of the e-mail when you submit your personal document to your @kindle.com address.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Experience your Facebook content in new ways with a trial desktop client application that lets you personalize how you read your newsfeed, update status, comment, like, browse and upload photos.
Trial in this case means the software is a tech demo, and Microsoft does not offer customer support... but it works great.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Video from the top of Burj Dubai tower - the tallest man-made structure ever built, at 818 m (2,684 ft).
Burj Dubai tower is part of the 2 km2 (0.8 sq mi) center called "Downtown Burj Dubai" at the First Interchange along Sheikh Zayed Road, near Dubai's main business district.
The total budget for the Burj Dubai project is about US$4.1 billion, and for the entire new "Downtown Dubai", US$20 billion
4 Hotel, Mechanical
3 Hotel, restaurant
2 Hotel, lobby
1 Hotel, lobby, restaurant
Concourse Restaurant, lobby
B1-B2 Parking, Mechanical
- Theater Room HDTV DVR died, replacement arrived but will not boot. A new one should arrive on Tuesday.
- SLK keeps showing a low pressure warning for the tires even though they are all aired up to 32 pounds.
- Computer that runs the weather station has died, this occurred the week after the wind speed sensor failed on the station.
- All of the media readers on my main computer will not work anymore and each day brings another strange glitch. I smell a motherboard problem.
- The main line of electricity for the entire backyard has an underground short somewhere. No power for anything. We have to run a brand new line.
I think I know what I'll be doing during my next vacation!
Monday, November 16, 2009
With Google Sky Map for your Android phone you can discover and browse the night sky just by pointing your phone to space.
By using your Android phone's orientation sensors, we can show you a star map for your location. Explore planets, stars, constellations, and more! Learn the name and location of space objects and impress your friends.
Saturday, November 07, 2009
Monday, November 02, 2009
MyLifeIsAverage is a place to share your everyday mediocrity. It is a place to post the mundane things in your life, and read about what makes life normal for other people.
We believe that for every fail story, or good story, there are about a million normal stories. So tell the world what makes your life average. Anyone can submit a story, because everyone's lives are unexciting and insignificant at some time or another.
Yes! the guy's reaction is totally authentic. He had no idea we were coming, and he really got the order right (almost right). We couldn't believe it either, so we understand the questions....
Iʼll start with a taco, soft like a cloud
I want mine crunchy, I like to eat loud.
Iʼll choose a chalupa, Iʼll grab a gordita,
and two taco salads for our senoritas.
And a Burrito Supreme, with extra sour cream
Itʼs a cylindrically shaped seasoned beef dream.
A taquito. An enchirito. Some cinnamon twists.
A chicken border bowl. Are you gettinʼ all this?
And you know that nothing beats a
hmmm, mmmm...Mexican Pizza...
Weʼll take two of those, but please hold the diced tomatoes.
And I admit, Iʼve always felt,
like Iʼm in love with the meximelt.
Make mine with a little extra love, and think of me...
as the cheese drops from your Taco Bell glove.
and thatʼs it.
No! Iʼm not done...Iʼll also take a...
Double-decker taco cause Iʼm feeling wild
And make my sauce Fire. Uh, heʼll take mild.
and weʼll take two Mt. Dew Baja blasts
for a chance at 25 dollars cash
Iʼm told thereʼs a winner for every 5 minutes
Iʼm stealing your online code if you win it.
Why would you do that? You owe me 25 bones
I owe you 5. Plus interest--it was a loan.
And I think weʼll be satisﬁed, if we get some mexican rice on the side.
And thatʼs it.
Nikon is pleased to offer our consumers a new way to access the educational and editorial content found on NikonUSA.com. Nikon’s new Learn & Explore iPhone application now makes this material available to you, whether you are taking pictures close to home or in the field.
From beginning photographer to experienced enthusiast, you are sure to find information on Learn & Explore that is of interest to you—and now that information can go where you go.
Read an article on getting the most from your travel photography while you’re on vacation. Check information on adjusting depth of field or selecting the right shutter speed when you’re taking photos at your child’s sporting event. Access advice on the right aperture for shooting photos indoors when you’re attending a wedding. It’s all there on the Learn & Explore iPhone app. Photography information at your fingertips.
In addition to articles on the fundamentals of photography and various shooting techniques, you can read the four latest issues of Nikon World magazine, complete with images and audio slideshows. Need the definition of a photography term? Check out the Photography Glossary.
The Learn & Explore iPhone app is continually updated with new articles and information. It’s a must for any enthusiastic photographer.
Hua Shan or Mount Hua is one of the five sacred mountains of China. It is a protected national park about a half day's drive outside Xi'An, capital of Shaanxi Province. It was a place of refuge for Tao hermits and monks for centuries and may even be where The Tao originated thousands of years ago...
Click on this article title for a great shot of the Gondola!