Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Plane That Flew 20 Feet Over The Pool?

Deb and I have a running gag about a plane crashing into the house. Every time we hear a plane flying over, (this happens often as we seem to live directly between the airport and anywhere the military flies) we make a comment that someday one of these low flying planes just won't make it over the house.

I arrived home last night from Seattle to immediately hear the story of "The plane that flew 20 feet over the pool!" Deb tells a story of a crop duster that buzzed the house many times and made unbelievably low passes over the pool and yard.

My response was: "Did you take any pictures?"

Her answer was: "Yes."

I present to you the photos in the order taken:

Uh-huh.

Okay.

Um.

Alright, I can see the plane now... it doesn't look that close to me though.

That whole 'on your side' thing is pretty cool... but you still don't look like your 20 feet off of the ground.

HOLY SHIT! It's going hit the house!

The fence is 6 feet tall. For me, the fact that the bottom of the plane is partially obscured by this 6 foot fence says... that plane is really friggen close to the ground! I believe the type of plane we are looking at is an Air Tractor AT-400 with a wing span of 45 feet.

For more information about what type of plane I think this is, click on this blog entry title.

Wouldn't you know it... I found a crop dusting video on YouTube.

No comments: