Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Beast!


Deb and I picked one of these up at Costco this weekend. The NordicTrack® Commercial 1300 Elliptical.

I have renamed it... "Hell Spawn!"
It made the assumption, that on my first attempt, 30 minutes on level 1 would be a good start. Two minutes into it, I realized I had invited the devil into my home! At 10 minutes I convinced myself I would be sore in the morning, but that I could make it to the end. That is when "Hell Spawn" pulled out all of the stops! The display flashed "Pedal Backwards." I complied only to be taunted by a new display, "Pedal Faster." 1 minute later and I am starting to make noises, 2 minutes in and I am calling the machine names that would make a sailor blush... then the display reads, "Push Yourself!" I kept looking down at my legs thinking that might help with the burning. I'm screaming things like "I built you!" and "You can't treat me like this!" Who knew that backwards would be any tougher than forwards? Finally after 3 minutes it informed me it was okay to reverse my stride. I am here to tell you that I did not make it the full 30 minutes, but I have high hopes for next time.

I am hoping in the next 2-3 hours my legs will allow me to go back upstairs so I can go to sleep... right now it does not look good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This machine looks perfectly harmless! Suck it up!