Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Look Into My Sorted Past

It is time to finally admit my role in the 1994 knee clubbing of Nancy Kerrigan. If you can remember back to January 1994, Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan were both vying for a spot on the U.S. Olympic figure skating team. A man named Shawn Eckardt was at that time employed as Tonya Harding's body guard. It turned out that Harding's husband Jeff Gillooly and Eckardt plotted together to have Nancy Kerrigan, Harding's competition, shall we say, disabled.
Now, I know you are wondering what all of this could possibly have to do with me?

During the above mentioned time frame, one of my job functions was working behind a counter sending MoneyGram's for Western Union. Well, Mr. Eckardt showed up at my counter one night, and sure enough, I sent the money to the hit man who whacked Kerrigan. $2000 dollars in case you have always wondered what a good knee whacking costs.

I was actually questioned by the police and met Eckardt, who with his lawyer tried to Jedi Mind Trick me into thinking I had not actually seen him. I assured them that I had.

Now, why today of all days to air this sorted and most certainly dirty laundry?

Because Brian Sean Griffith passed away today. Yup, he changed his name and no, I had nothing to do with it. Click on the title of this blog entry to read the article.

I feel much better coming clean and hope you don't think less of me knowing my connection to such a heinous crime.

No comments: