Sunday, November 04, 2007

The 2:45am Fire Alarm

Well here it is 2:45 in the morning and I have just come back inside after being given the "All Clear" by the local fire department. I wasn't the first person out of the building, but I was close. I can assure you that when the sirens and strobe light starts to go off in your room... you'll wake up!

There are really only 2 things making this event blog worthy: The first is how few people actually evacuated the building. I counted no more that 10 people outside when I know for a fact that the entire hotel is booked. And, of those 10 people more than half of them were co-workers. You could see people looking out of their windows, but they weren't coming out!

The second, is the history of this fine hotel. I have had adventure here before! See Blogging In The Blackout for details.

No comments: