Thursday, January 18, 2007

Update

- Rain and overcast sky's have conspired to make photos impossible so far. I am hoping there will be at least one clear day before the trip ends. I guess it is winter.

- Today I visited a building that I assure you, will not be forgotten! My first clue that something was amiss started on the elevator ride to the 9th floor. In most tall buildings I can sense a slight feeling of motion, and the elevator usually is the worst place I feel this. I am talking side to side motion that I felt, in this case it was the elevator car swaying on it's cables. As I stepped off of the elevator both my arms involuntarily swung up and out to shoulder height as I felt a strong sense of movement. I really had to work it to keep my self from falling. Everyone else in my group had felt some type of motion so I at least was not alone. As we headed down a hall way I realized that most of my thought process was being used up just walking! It becomes obvious pretty quickly that the whole damn building is really swaying! Like a ship at sea swaying! Like trying to stand still at the urinal on an ocean going ferry SWAYING! Like I don't really think it is a good idea to be in this building right now SWAYING! As we are greeted by the vendor we have come to see, I ask if he too can feel this unbelievable motion? "No." By now everyone in the group is very interested in completing the task at hand as quickly as possible and get the hell out of the building. In my mind I know that this high rise just happens to be a tad lively in the wind and obviously it always is, as no one we meet is even phased by it. But trust me, I must place this feeling in the top 5 worst sensations I have experienced in my life!

1) Just missed being in an auto accident by a hair.
2) Really bad turbulence on an airplane.
3) The dentist coming at me with the needle of novacane.
4) Having a girl in the library in 7th grade tell me my fly was unzipped.
5) The crazy swaying building in Hong Kong!

Since I am entering all of this in the blog right now it should be apparent that I made in out alive. For that I am grateful.

- Just two more days left of appointments and then it is back on the plane to head home. I am still looking for the goody of the trip. As a refresher, the last two were The Rock & The Wooden Ship. I do have some ideas and some information on weight and size limits of articles allowed on planes. I will keep you posted.

No comments: