Sunday, January 28, 2007

China Goody Revealed!

On this last trip to China I was once again looking for a unique item to bring home. I have done bulky, (wooden ship) and I lugged heavy, (the rock) so when I saw the very small and light collection of Chinese musical instruments made completely of Semi Precious Stones I knew I had found the one.
From left to right: Month Pedd, Two Stringed Peking Fiddle, Moon Guitar, Two Stringed Chinese Fiddle & Two Stringed Guitar.

From left to right and then center: Moon Guitar, Two Stringed Chinese Fiddle, Two Stringed Guitar, Violin, Lute & Zither Lyre.

From left to right: Violin, Lute, Three Stringed Guitar & Trumplet.
And here is the whole collection. The large body pieces are made of carved agate and the accents are made up of different pieces of semi precious stone. I had each piece of stone identified when I bought the set but now that conversation has become a blur. The whole set sits on hand carved little stands. Each string instrument is actually strung also. Sets like these are made in Beijing, China and are prized by fans of the Chinese orchestra.

No comments: