Sunday, October 22, 2006

What's Up?

Weather: Since our arrival on July 10th the sky has only produced some kind of precipitation twice! The current drill is cloudless blue sky, highs in the 60's lows 35 to 45 degrees. The reason for wiper blades in Kuna are... Wait for it... To remove the dust from your windshield.

Cat Door: For the third time in my life I have had the pleasure of sawing through a wall or door to install a cat door. This time it was through the wall and out to the garage. The job took about 2 hours and included some cursing and phrases like: "That will be okay, the molding will cover it." and "See Deb, the problem is that the house is not straight!" An interesting note is, during the entire install Mishra layed on the floor about 6 feet from all of the action. When I was done and everything put away, she looked at me, looked at the door and headed right through it without hesitation. She then proceeded to spend the next 3 nights out in the garage. Mission accomplished.

Shop: The shop is done. I know you are saying to yourself, "Wasn't that done a month ago?" The final touches have been a sink and the most valuable item on any house, the window screens.

House: Still lots to do here in the way of moving in. There are still about 20 boxes out in the garage that I am afraid to open because it will just mean work! My computer still sits in pieces on the floor. The theater room is all about storing the stuff we have not dealt with yet, and nothing to do with watching a movie.

Garage: With the impending arrival of cold weather Deb and I finally cleared out the garage enough to admit all of the vehicles! I must say that since this is the first time in my life I actually have garage parking privileges, it is nice.

Us: We are both feeling well with no apparent issues. Deb is getting comfortable with her new job and I am staying busy as usual with mine.

Yard: The grass is coming up in the back yard! While it is no work of lawn art, containing many weeds and bare spots, the "Grass Man" recently visited us and sprayed for weeds and put down another layer of seed. We will wait and see.

No comments: