Saturday, September 09, 2006

Last Night In Panama

Deb and I are currently hanging out in the Ceasar Park Hotel here in Panama City. Tomorrow starts early with a trip to the Airport at 6:00am. We then get to spend the whole day traveling, only to be stopped short at 11:00pm in Portland. That's right, no flights into Boise are available until Monday morning... 9/11. I am sure security will be high and all will be well, but even 5 years later I think most would rather avoid air travel on this day. I see that the cable news channels will be running their actual coverage from 9/11 as it was broadcast that day in 2001. Deb and I discussed this and we both think we should record and watch it, but feel it will have an emotional effect on us. I still remember standing in front of the television talking to Deb on the phone as she was in a Hotel in Astoria for work and I was at the house in Vancouver. We both watched the first tower fall live on television during that call. It was not a moment I think I will ever forget. It would be nice to undo that day, put it back the way it was. I think it is safe to say, if there was any way to do it, any way at all, we would.

No comments: