Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Other Side

Here is a shot of the other side with my hand in the frame for size reference. Come on... How can it weigh so much? After much bartering, and the agreement on price, I proceeded to actually make the payment for this artifact. As the paper work was being written up, I was being treated with so much respect and energy that I began to fear I had misunderstood the price! It felt like I had agreed to some multi-thousand dollar deal! I worked that price forward and backward on the calculator and even asked to speak to the Visa representative on the phone to ensure the dollar charge of $175 US. It illustrates however, that $175 dollars in China represents 6 months of income, and to those shop owners, my unique gift indeed represented a monstrous purchase!

No comments: