Sunday, March 12, 2006

Mystery China Gift revealed!


Alright here it is! Official weight: 52 pounds. Distance traveled: 9000+ miles. I found this in Shenzhen, China. It is a hand carved hunk of stone, what kind of stone I have no idea. It is carved on both sides and it is accompanied by a hand carved wooden stand. I saw this thing and fell in love with it. It was only after I bought it that I realized how truly difficult it would be to get this rock home! I packed it, and only it in my suitcase, and anytime I needed to move it, (pretty much every day!) both hands were required, as it took pretty much everything I had to get it into trunks of cabs, up stairs, onto trains... Incredibly heavy for it's size!

2 comments:

MeatSlayer said...

Awsome... Looks cool. A one of a kind treasure.

Anonymous said...

Lovely piece of art!

Kelly Bumps