Sunday, September 04, 2005

A Day Of Fun?

The Shed: Started out the morning by crawling under the shed and adding floor and foundation supports. It went well, with just a little dirt, bugs and crazy on my back positioning until about the third post. I just needed to get the post under the floor board, maybe if I put my shoulder under it and push... POP! I have heard this sound three times prior in my life and each time I do it the same damn way! Tore my rib from the cartilage. I must just have a crappy rib cage! So I crawl out from under the shed and press on my chest and 'yup' that's what I did. We will see how bad I did it in the morning when I get out of the bed.

The Smell: After the rib thing I took two advil while standing in the garage, that is when Deb and I noticed "The Smell." It was not the garbage smell, or the cat box smell, or a gas smell, it was something DEAD smell. I started following my nose and crawling around on my hands and knees in the garage the whole time thinking... Dead mouse. So I narrow it down to somewhere around the cat door, I get right next to the cat door and whew, that's it! Shit, a friggen mouse has crawled into the crack between the cat door and the sheetrock and died in the wall! I then think, what if the DeCon I put under the house 2 weeks ago has killed so many mice that this smell is coming from under the house! I quickly head over to a couple of foundation vents and sniff... No stink. I prepare to remove the cat door by making some room... moving some shelving racks next to the soon to be work area. There it was, dead, stinky, mouse... But not in the wall!! I gladly clean it up, spray Fabreze and let the garage air out.

The Gutters: We head to Home Depot for some screws and come home with gutters! I figure with the shed on a hill as it is, I need to do what I can to prevent water from going under it and washing out the supports holding the thing up. For about $100 bucks we have everything we need and we can channel the water away from the footing blocks. Today we mounted one side and we will finish the other tomorrow.

The Transfer: In the end we moved a ton of stuff into the shed. Here is Deb working her magic on the roto tiller.

No comments: