Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Mice Are Back...

Five mice in the last week. Tonight I broke out the war drums and headed under the house! Armed with DeCon and a flashlight I ventured on all fours looking for the writhing nest of rodents who have been infiltrating our home. What did I find? A hole coming out from under the foundation and mouse droppings around it. I dropped a box of DeCon there. I then went to the other three corners of the crawl space and left a box of poison in each. This however, did not answer where they were entering the house. Deb said someone at work had said they had mice coming from under their jet tub, and that they had crawled along the pipes. I headed over to the access door more to appease Deb than fostering any expectations of finding evidence of a mouse. I open the door to find many mouse droppings all over under the tub! Wow! This has to be the place as all of the mice have been found on the master bath side of the house and only upstairs. I had used the entire box of poison under the house, so we headed out and bought some more. Moments before beginning this entry I placed a large, inviting box of DeCon under the jet tub after vacuuming up the many turds. I will check this daily and see if the mice "take the bait." More to follow as the story develops.

No comments: