Thursday, July 28, 2005

Working On The Gutters...


With the advise of a friend I headed to Lowes today to check out some gutter guards. The amount of crap that falls from the trees above the house is tremendous! Add to that the fact that the back side of the house is WAY up there and I had to figure out a way to eliminate the gutters from filling up, clogging, and then water pouring down the side of the house every time it rained. $3.87 per four foot piece, me up on a ladder, Deb running the shop vac power switch down below, suck out the dried junk, a little bend here and there of the guard, insert it under the shingles, click to the front of the gutter, and I was on my way. We finished half of the front of the house (about 40 feet) in less than an hour. The problem will be the back of the house. I figure I will have to rent a ladder that goes 20 feet or more high just to get there, and the cool 'suck out the junk with the shop vac' is not an option. I will keep you posted on this one as I feel there will be more to this story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

smart friend, gotgut