Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Tired Of Waiting...

I got home today and decided that I would start working myself, on the "pick-up list" that I have been waiting to have done for over a month! You see, when you have a house built you will do anything to get into it, so you have a place to live. The builder will also help you get into your home as soon as he can, so he can get paid. The work that still needs to get done after you move in however, takes an act of God to get completed, because the guys who are supposed to come out and do the work won't make a dime. So you call, you schedule, you wait, no one shows up. You call again, you make another appointment, you wait, no one shows up again! With this in mind I began tonight's projects.

There was no kick plate of wood under the front door, just the threshold hanging out in mid air. So I hit the "left over wood from when I built the deck three years ago" pile and installed that goody. I then painted it with the paint left in the shed with all of the other trash, and it was the right color to boot!

The deck behind the house had stairs going up to it, each step had no kick plate either! I could see myself heading up those things in a hurry and my foot sliding through, and me breaking my leg. So, I hit the wood pile again and cut 11 of those and screwed them into place. Also in the shed was a half can of the stain used for the deck, so I'll get started on that tomorrow night.

I took the furnace apart and vacuumed out a ton of construction dust and crap that had been bothering me since the day I moved in.

... And then the sun set and I called it a day. Time to go and have some milk and a cookie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you hard worker king o savie, but then you have all day to rest up as you drive around in your car:)
rotgut