Sunday, November 14, 2004

Vacaville, Sweet Vacaville!

So ends my 5th day of being on the road. The pile of dirty clothes is now even with what I have left in the suitcase. I have unwrapped 5 new bars of mini-soap and layed 5 new mats down in front of the shower. I sat in front of the television and looped around the channels for 30 minutes looking for the show I needed... It never happened. I noticed that the elevator in the Hotel does not have current operation permit and that they sell candy bars for a dollar in the lobby. The person who cleans my room is named MICKI, and a card with his (or hers) blocky scrawl is left in my room each time it is cleaned with a big 'thank you'. I think the next time I leave some towels on the bathroom floor I will include a note with RICK on it and some equally cheery greeting! I eat a bowl of 'Golden Ghrams" cereal every morning and this morning I saw a big rabbit in the Hotel parking lot. I set the thermostat to 68 degrees every night before I go to sleep and set it to 72 when I wake up. These repeating activities seem to take on a 'Ground Hog Day" feel to them when you are doing an opening. Well, It is time to go and do some reading and hit the sack for the big day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i feel for you but on the bright side you are not sharing a room with J.
THEY JUST TESTED A NEW JET 7,OOO MPH GOES FROM LA TO DC IN 30 MINUTES
YOU BETTER THINK ABOUT WASHING CLOTHES.