Tuesday, November 02, 2004

The Time Change Blues

Here I sit at 4:30am in the morning, pitch black outside and me wide awake! Now, remeber, it is really 5:30am due to the time change and if you factor in that I am over 40, this up at the Ass Crack of dawn thing doesn't seem that far out of line!

As a child... hell... 3 years ago, I could sleep until noon, wake up for a 5000 calorie meal and hit the sack again two hours later. I would then wake up the next day with a tan, a new car and not a care in the world. Now, things are not quite the same, I wake up at 3 in the morning with the thought of 'did I rotate the tires in the last 3 months?' or, 'My leg hurts, it must be from sleeping WRONG!' Sleeping WRONG? How the hell do you sleep WRONG?

Sleeping is so simple that they don't even include instructions with the mattress!

After 40 however, I can't even do that right!

Well, I am off to try my hand at the art of sleep again... wish me luck!

No comments: