Saturday, October 23, 2004

Furniture HELL!

Headed over to Oak Unlimited to pick up a new book case and a 7 foot long addition to the computer desk with a file drawer module and a shelf module. It goes without saying that this was a major undertaking with much grunting and moving of furniture. We decide to do the bookshelf first, move it in, load it up, all is well. Clear out the area for the computer desk, drag it in, set it up... something is wrong?!
The desktop is eight feet long instead of seven!
I make the call to Oak Unlimited and they wont have a 7 foot version until Monday! Oh, and they close the warehouse for pick-up at 4:30pm! So, to recap, the house is trashed, I have to return the 8 foot long sheet, pick up the 7 foot one and do it all before 4:30pm. Hey, since I just friggen work for a living and have all of the time in the world I'll do that...
Because I Don't Have A Choice Now, Do I.
I am off to put the house back together.

No comments: